Sunday 20 January 2013

Zucchini Spaghetti

I love my veggies, but I always find it extremely difficult to get in my daily dose.
I saw this recipe for zucchini spaghetti and had to try it!!

You'll need:
- 1-2 medium sized zucchini's
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- tomato sauce
- grated cheese

Start by taking a peeler and peeling your zucchini until you reach the center, seeds are okay but I stopped once I hit the seeds.
Place your peeled zucchini in a coriander and season with salt and pepper.
Now, fill a bowl with water and put it over the seasoned zucchini. This will help remove the excess water from the zucchini. To add more pressure put a can or a filled jar in the water bowl.
Let it sit for at least an hour, the longer it sits the better it gets.
Every 30 minutes or so remove the water bowl, flip around the zucchini and place it back on top.
After at least one hour rinse the zucchini and then place into a paper towel to remove the excess water.

Now, heat up a pan with a little olive oil and throw in your zucchini. Don't cook this for too long now, else it'll soften it up, 3-5 minutes should be good.

Remove from heat, add your sauce of choice (or no sauce at all), some grated cheese and enjoy!

I used one whole zucchini and it made such a little amount. This was suppose to be dinner for my mom and myself, but I guess an appetizer?

No comments:

Post a Comment